FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I had to drive a late 80's Olds Cutlass (FWD). It was actually a pretty decent driver's ed car... it drove nicely and had enough power to be comfortable driving up and down the mountains. My driver's ed instructor was a relic, though.

The coolest driver's ed car that I know about is the '00 or '01 Corolla that's in my autocross class.. the one that keeps beating up on me because it wears Hoosiers on K-1 racing shoes.

I don't think he'd even let me take a ride with him because he's probably afraid (and rightly so) that I'd use the passenger-side brake pedal to my advantage.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
well I think the "coolest" driver's ed car I have seen around here was an '03 Toyota Corolla S. but personally myself I learned on a 1992 Geo Metro, that's what almost all driver's ed places use around here for some reason... at least when I was learning.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
i drove a focus 4 door and a focus zx3. i hated them at the time cause i had a toyota corolla and i was all bout the imports, but now i want one. My driver's training teacher was really cool. he was actually the owner and i had raced mountain bikes with him so he would have me do burnouts in wet leaves and e-brake turns. I started the aggresive driving early....

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Misfit_Zero said:
I learned on a 1992 Geo Metro, that's what almost all driver's ed places use around here for some reason... at least when I was learning.
Sounds like they were trying to keep the budget and the kenetic energy to a minimum. In some areas, people have their own cars converted into drivers ed cars (like all the 'cool' cars).. in others (like yours) the cars are State or business owned.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
wow, i don't know about anything cool for the driver's ed cars in my town.
but the ones Sears uses are an Eagle Premier, a Ford Contour, and a newer 4-door Honda Civic.
the ones that i had to use by B-Safe were both Ford Focuses, base models (of course).

i've also seen a few old school Relient K's pedding around town with a big yellow "STUDENT DRIVER" sign on the roof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.