FEOA Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
I would try gravel roads if you're interested in sliding. You can have loads of fun on them. With minimal wear to your tires... Just drive out in the country somewhere and find one... or a paved road with loose pebbles and such on it...

Or, if you lack gravel roads, do it in the rain. I find that works decently well. Unless you have a pair of cheap'o hard rear tires (like mine) you're likely to get flat spots if you do it on dry pavement (as Tito said...) or stretch out your E-brake and have to tighten it...

Even with a RWD car, drifting wears out your tires pretty fast...

· Registered
8,927 Posts
TitoElSpicco said:
more power to ya man. you fly through the turns with the e-brake up and get back to me on how those flat spots on your tires work out. :p
Do you seriously believe you can't spin a fwd car out??? I mean yeah you're right, it's a LOT LOT LOT easier to do in a RWD car, but you can spin a FWD car without using the ebrake.
Say you're drifting into a left corner, ok before the corner, speed up, go into the corner, steer away from it and then into it real quick, that will get the rear end to swing wide and it'll slide around JUST like a car w/ rwd, the only difference is you'd have to stay off the throttle unlike w/ a rwd where you can gun it to the exact position and then let off to straighten it out.

It's all about technique. FWD cars are safer on the road because they're harder to fishtail and slide, but done right you can do it...without leaving huge bald spots on the tires.

· Registered
914 Posts
*baps james* (you weren't supposed to say how!!) It takes a lot of practice though. The first few times I tried it I ended up in my neighbors' yards and had to buy them new grass... After which I went somewhere else... Then after that I decided it wasn't worth it and gave up on drifting and went back to driving it around corners at the edge of the tire grip... Which is why I didn't bother saying how to do it because... Unless you're on gravel, so far as I've found, it just wastes the speed... I dunno... I'm probably doing it wrong tho... Hum...

· Registered
2,701 Posts
yeah, james is describing what is known as a "scandinavian flick".

Only tough part is getting the speed. At first, it feels like you're gonna crash and die, but start slowly, with a small fishtail, then bump up the speed. Before you know it, you'll be flyin at 40mph through dirt roads drifting the turns. It's really fun and it ACTUALLY WORKS.

Just don't be suprised if you fk up your paintjob... don't do it with a car that you pamper.

· Registered
8,927 Posts
siragan said:
yeah, james is describing what is known as a "scandinavian flick".
Just don't be suprised if you fk up your paintjob... don't do it with a car that you pamper.
The funniest part about this thread siragan, is that you described that exact same maneuver like 2 weeks ago, yet no one noticed it. :?

I'll get around to trying it one of these days myself, now that I know the basics on how to do it...

Have you actually seen my car though? paint is pink with brown spots all over the rear fenders/quarters... i parked next to a lady today who said she parked where she did because she needed to open her door all the way and I said go ahead and scratch it, I could care less about this paint. (totally serious btw) but she didn't believe it. my drivers door has two small dents in it anyway from before i bought the car.

· Registered
914 Posts
Okay so maybe my car is not that bad. It's mostly around the bottom of the door panels because whenever I see gravel I cannot resist spinning my wheels and shooting rocks everywhere and I also cannot resist using the e-brake to spin out or going way too fast and being stupid.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.