FEOA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have the tranny out on a 1.9l for a clutch replacement. I decided to put some cut off broom stick handles in where the axles went just in case. The manual said to put some sort of plug in and I read on here that people used broom handles.

So they were really loose when I put them in. I'm cleaning the tranny up and noticed the drivers side is still loose and can slide easy.

The Passenger side is really tight. I can still move it but am afraid if I pull it out once the tranny is in the gears might fall??

Would I be o.k. if I put the drivers Axel in first to hold that side Then pull the wood handle out and do the other side?

Or should I try this with the tranny still out....I don't want to install it then find out I have to pull it back out.

Is this normal? I'm I still O.K.?

Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I removed the wood handle from the one tight side just to be sure and nothing fell. So I will do one side at a time.

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
214 Posts
i just split mine at the boots instead. needed a grease repack anyways at 122k. saved me worrying about the plug issue, as well as trying to pry the damn things out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DreamWraith said:
i just split mine at the boots instead. needed a grease repack anyways at 122k. saved me worrying about the plug issue, as well as trying to pry the damn things out.
Good idea!! I never thought of that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts