FEOA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Panel Fun!!! Plus other pictures

4K views 50 replies 11 participants last post by  Slapyo 
#1 ·
OK so Last saturday I was bored as hell so went to the local car audio Shop and Bought a set oc Type S Components because when I throw in the solo X I will need more vocals. So I spent $280canadian on components and 25feet of speaker wire.

Then I went home and spent 6 hours in the not heated garage. MAn my toes were frozen like rocks, I couldn't bend them.

And if anyone says 6 hours holy cap thats long screw you...
I had to:
-mount the tweeters
-Run wire to the back of the car
-take out rear speakers
-mount component set
-mount crossover
-take off panel and cut rear door holes for the coaxils
-fix my driver door lock
-set amp
-make sure all connections were all good.
-drill holes for coaxils
-connect crossovers
-run the wire through the doors to crossover

Anyways here is the end result and it sounds aweome mind you.

Plus various pictures of other things going in next spring

See less See more
#6 ·
I guess I will be able to do that without getting a set of kick panels... You saved me cash!

#10 ·
I have extra grills of those style... If I can find them, I could give them to someone... as for the money that you saved me... possibly some time, but not only am I going to be adding the extras in the front, I will be keeping the rear ones in, as well as adding a set in my rear doors.

#17 ·
4doorscort1 said:
Perdonic said:
4doorscort1 said:
Nice work man, came out good, so you got 2 6.5's on each door??
Yeah I got 2 in each door, and got rid of my rear speakers, who needs rear fill.
Nice, must sound good :wink:
yeah if i could take a video that had decent quality then I would show you but you live to far away. the front stage is great. ill see what i can do for a video.

#18 ·
Perdonic said:
4doorscort1 said:
Perdonic said:
4doorscort1 said:
Nice work man, came out good, so you got 2 6.5's on each door??
Yeah I got 2 in each door, and got rid of my rear speakers, who needs rear fill.
Nice, must sound good :wink:
yeah if i could take a video that had decent quality then I would show you but you live to far away. the front stage is great. ill see what i can do for a video.
sounds good :p

#19 ·
I'm was going to do the 2 in the front door... but after seeing my lack of room in my 4DR... it's going to take some cutting of the frame, which I don't really know if I want to do.... we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.