FEOA Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
My wife just wanted to say thanks for turning off the "(7 syllables, probably the 7 words you can't say)" door chime. I still have the lights on chime functional. This is from a 95 LX sedan.

What I did was:

Remove the rubber strip under the steering column
Unscrew the casing and separate the upper and lower halves
Cut the white wire with orange spots in the 6 pin connector. (You can tape it back up, but there's nothing to touch to short out).

(There is a 6 pin connector under the steering column, the white wire is a smaller diameter than the others).

I borrowed this pic from a previous post. Use the white circle. That's it. Unplug the connector, cut and tape the wire, and put it back together.

I'm going to have to get used to this as I've had 21 years of chimes....

Attachments

As mentioned here did this on my green 93 wagon a few years back. My 94 was more difficult because the pics on this thread in the beginning are gone. So today was the second attempt, I tried a few mos ago , but didn’t read the instructions good enough. Got it done. No more beeping on my 94 either ! A reminder to disconnect the battery first. Its the skinny white wire in the group of thicker black wires. Here’s a couple of pics of the wire after it was cut. I taped the one end up just in case. Done at last. This mod keeps the dome lights on at the door opening and only beeps if you leave the lights on. I also recommend keeping a spare key in your wallet. Has saved me many times.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.