FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I just got done watching this insane movie, and I have no idea wtf happened lol. Ive looked through other forums and stuff about this movie and all I have been reading is things I would og never guessed. Like the guy "frank" is god and that drew berrymore was a key role and the tangent universe. Man I am so damn confused right now. And who the hell is that fat guy, what role does he play?And how does that plane crash when the mother and daughter were supposed to be on it, yet they live after te time travel or whatever. If you havet seen the movie dont post because you have to see it first. Evem tho I didnt really know what was really going on, it was still a great moive, if you havent seen it go rent it right now! SO I hope someone here can explain in simple terms what this is all about.[/i]

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i cant explain it.... but it is a trip if a movie. definately worth of being in your dvd collection.

ive seen it several times on cable and i still dont really understand it all.

but i can tell you this the rabbit costume is kick ass

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
yeah, it's one of those extremely hard to explain movies... no such thing as a "simple" explanation. Awesome. I remember seeing it a long time ago, before it really exploded, it was cool then and still is ot this day. I love the fact that it deals with the whole concept of time travel and such... I also reccommend watching this movie if you haven't yet.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
I watched it... but the first time it was a bit weird for me... what state should I be in seeing it... sober, drunk, inbetwee, what? I've heard mixed reviews. I've heard from some that drunk is best, and others sober cause it's hard to understand!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i own it

sober.

yes, apparantly the bunny represents god ( :roll: ).. and the way the family survived the crash... is casue they plan acted as a spaceship, and there was a time warp portal thing in the sky, that's why they couldn't figure out what plane the engine came off of, casue it hadn't even fallen off yet or something. i dont know. i've seen it a lot and stil have no idea.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
saw it awhile ago, so i dont remember exactly what happened but i'll give you gist of it.

Donnie somehow (dont remeber how) escapes into a parallel universe where he didn't get killed by the plane engine.

He sees what happens if he were to survive (mainly that one girl dies because of him being alive).

He decides to go back to his world and die, so the girl will not meet him and subsequently not die.

Theres alot more to it but thets pretty much the big part.

·
Registered
179 Posts
...But Donnie, when he wakes up at the end in bed, does not recall everything that transpired. It seemed more like a vivid dream than anything else, which may explain why he stayed in the house rather than escape his plight (did you see the bonus features on the DVD? There's one scene showing Donnie impaled on a piece of flotsam from the plane. cOol). This is explained in the book the movie is alleged based on (the one written by the old lady who keeps on checking the mail). Donnie's death is tragic, but, in dying, allows others to live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts