FEOA Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Ford even makes the master power window switch for the 2-door? I have been searching for weeks now with no luck and I'm very frustrated

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but if i wanted it for my 2-door what am I going to do with those 2 extra switches? i think it would look kind of stupid

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
cdipier2 said:
Does anyone know if Ford even makes the master power window switch for the 2-door? I have been searching for weeks now with no luck and I'm very frustrated
Hey, I just remembered. Yes they do. Johnscort has power windows in his 2 door.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
cdipier2 said:
yeah but if i wanted it for my 2-door what am I going to do with those 2 extra switches? i think it would look kind of stupid
make one a trunk release and make one for ... as matt said...

your nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ...

Sorry. I'm being an ass, but seriously make one button a trunk release.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you could always hook something else up to the other 2 switches, kind of a hidden thing. Like use one as a nitrous switch or something. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
have you chatted with ford? i would ASSUME not since your asking us if they make it or not... if they do your best bet would be to go and ask... even if its obsolete if a dealership anywhere has one in stock they can order them for you... go to the source not a bunch of.... well... NAWWWSSS

·
Registered
820 Posts
Can I ask what are you using as motors for your windows? Aftermarket kit?You can get any set of 3 wire switches and use SPDT relays to make it reverse polarity for the motors to move up and down.Could even put switches in center console to keep panels clean..Just a thought....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have a power windows in my gt, and the master drivers side does both windows with a lock.
I am going to change to a 4 switch set up, fo rthe reason of extra switrches. do what i am going to do if you get bored. I am hooking up power pop outs int he rear , gettign the openers from a windstar to open the rears while driving.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
dude, that's awesome! i never even thought of that. im very interested to see what the outcome of that will be like.. with the windstar motorized windows in the back.

you must give us pics and how-to's when you're done.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, that would be very cool. I once considered doing the same thing, never once thoust about going that route. Very good idea.

Tom

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
were just waiting for one ot coem to the toy yard right now, if not we might use the body shop account to order the parts. Whe i do it i will explain it all.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah that is a cool idea with the back windows. My brothers 1998 Ford Windstar does that and I thought it was cool.

I wanted to make my interior look stock as much as possible that is why I want the 2-door switches and not the 4-door ones.

aliennation95gt I sent you a pm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts