FEOA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I've never used the Fresh Start, but I've used other Goodyear belts and they've lasted about the same as other brands. For the price I'd give it a try. It seems that all serpentine belts last much better than the old belts that were used years ago.

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
If it's a serpentine belt, I prefer the Goodyear Gatorbacks. I've never heard of "fresh-start". Otherwise I do like Goodyear products in general (although if it's a rebrand like all or some of their serpentine belt tensioners I'd just get the original).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool... yeah i have had a gatorback and their excellent! Rockauto.com has a belt tho made by goodyear thats called freshstart. I have it coming so imma check it out. Thanks for ur input!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang it..... I thought i got the goodyear belt but there was a gates roadmax belt that was a little cheaper so I went with that 1! Does anyone know if the Gates Roadmax belts are good? Im sorry for the mix up. I just wanna have a backup belt incase the 1 thats on there now snaps

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got some Roadmax drive belts from rockauto because with the other parts I ordered it all came from the same warehouse so shipping was much cheaper than getting bando or contitech. They were about $3.60/belt for the 3 belts. They say made in Mexico on the belts. Construction looks fine if anything it looks a little lighter than OEM, and the ribs are not as deep. But still looks fine especially for the price. I installed them today on a 2001 crv. Tensioned them and fired it up. No squeaks and looks great. Roadmax is trademarked by Gates and has been since 2009. I just wanted to add this untimely reply since I personally couldn't find much info online from people who have actually used these belts (even 10 years after the OP), but if rockauto sells them that has to say something. If they sucked bad enough, I'm sure they would've been pulled by now.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I think I have a couple of these belts in my parts stash. I happily buy and use the "Wholesaler Closeout" Rockauto parts, and all the cheap ones seem to last okay. They sometimes go down to a buck or two a belt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts