FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
A: This is the wrong place to post this. It belongs in the "Classifieds" section.
B: Just buy a new one or get one from a junkyard (if you can find it). The odds of somebody here having an OEM exhaust system that is still in good shape AND close enough to you for it to be feasible is slim to none.

·
10,258 Posts
My personal experience is that getting an old muffler disconnected from that 'intermediate pipe' (from cat converter back) is difficult enough, that I replace both the muffler and the intermediate pipe (with flex) pipe at the same time.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Rockauto no longer lists much of the exhaust system for the GT.
However, they do list an entire system for the 1.9 engine.

You could buy the 1.9 setup and modify as needed.

If I lived in the US I would buy a complete system for a spare. But shipping to Canada is 650 of our weak little dollars! And I can no longer drive across the border to pick it up, if sent to a friend just over the wall.

·
10,258 Posts
I dont think I would be able to drive into BC either.
Shipping the long exhaust pipe around the USA is about $150 USD I think.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Too bad Rockauto won't let you do "Local Pickup". I bet there's lots of people within reasonable driving distance of one or two.
They don't tell us where their warehouses are, either.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Oddly enough, a couple years ago I bought a long exhaust setup for another of the family cars from a woman up here in Canada who bought it from Rockauto.
She said that it had gotten bent in shipping and her garage or mechanic told her it wouldn't fit. I bought it figuring I'd make any necessary cuts and rewelds so it could fit.

Maybe with the current plague some more reasonably priced shippers are not running.
I'm pretty sure the woman did not pay hundreds of dollars for shipping, she presumably used Rockauto because they had the best price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts