FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
892 Posts
i got one you can have for free if you live around here.

90k on it, i ended up just pulling the head off

only thing bad is it has very light rust on the top half of cylinder walls but its been sitting in my garage the whole time. its had a plastic piece covering a month after i pulled off the head. been sitting with the head off for around a yr, iv had it for 2 but it just sits there

· Registered
100 Posts
*slaps palm in face* if your gonna get an engine ditch the 1.9 SOCH and just get the 2.0 SPI from the 97-99 years. those engines are better and easier to upgrade and "better" than the 1.9 lol.... but if your looking at costs I guess gettin a cheap 1.9 isnt bad I gues... check at any local junk yards? just rebuild the engine if you get one from the JY.

· Premium Member
892 Posts
thats one reason i have no want for it as i have a 2.0 sitting next to it with a head.

the only thing i see myself using it for is if so it so happens i drop a seat in the one im driving then perhaps i could swap some of the pistons as they would be broke up but i just dont see myself doing that, i dont trust myself enough on that part & dont have the tools.

if i did rebuild a 1.9 id check or ask if a 2.0 crankshaft are compatable as it is nice.

its not like 1.9s are bad but in comparison its hard to go that route.

its probably cheaper & easier to just drop a jy engine in and see if it works then to just go rebuilding it unless of course you just want a rebuilt engine & or have experience & know what your doing. i lack experience & $ on that part to take that risk but thats how u learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.