FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i find i have really shitty visability at night driving down the highway etc where there are no street lights. I'm constantly cleaning my headlights off at gas stations, but yeah i cant see much of the road.

Now either there are shitty bulbs in there right now, my headlights need an alignment or who knows. (i dont think its the alignment)

So does anyone run aftermarket bulbs here? I'm thinking about those silverstars. But only if they are gonna make a big difference.

LMK

·
Registered
465 Posts
try a groundwire kit... made my lights significantly brighter

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i must say currently i have some rice central special "illegal" blue headlights in. they looks super blue from inside the car but looking into the housings when they are in they look no worse than modern hids. anywho i must say that i had a similar problem before. sometimes i woud shut my lights off to see if they were even on... with my current bulbs i can tell they are on. im very pleased... just one more thing to get me a ticket i guess.

license plate in windshield - 70 bucks (acutally way off topic here in oregon i guess dmv says visable from the front and the police say mount on bumper... and i know a kid that knows a kid :) that got off by letting the judge know oregon is fubared.)
blue corner lights - i am not sure
blue headlights - im not sure

the good thing they are all fix it tickets, so basically i can keep driving with them, fix it for court then change it back in a month or so :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
FordBoy4ever said:
i must say currently i have some rice central special "illegal" blue headlights in. they looks super blue from inside the car but looking into the housings when they are in they look no worse than modern hids. anywho i must say that i had a similar problem before. sometimes i woud shut my lights off to see if they were even on... with my current bulbs i can tell they are on. im very pleased... just one more thing to get me a ticket i guess.

license plate in windshield - 70 bucks (acutally way off topic here in oregon i guess dmv says visable from the front and the police say mount on bumper... and i know a kid that knows a kid :) that got off by letting the judge know oregon is fubared.)
blue corner lights - i am not sure
blue headlights - im not sure

the good thing they are all fix it tickets, so basically i can keep driving with them, fix it for court then change it back in a month or so :)
blue corner bulbs r illegal out here although when cops see me with them at night, they dont pull me over...i found out they were illegal because i had to slow down for an accident and a cop told me that they r illegal...they look cool but they actually take away from visibility.

get the Nokya HIDs...80/100...they r REALLY REALLY bright and i always get flashed at night eventhough i have my low beams on

·
Registered
86 Posts
Silverstars

I had Silverstars on my Mustang and they where not worth the money. right now i am using abulb that Target had for a while that cost me $3, yes $3 and they are the best lights i have ever had. Unless you have the money to waste do not go with Silverstars. I know people who have had to replace them within 2 months because they burnt out.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Re: Silverstars

theduck13 said:
I had Silverstars on my Mustang and they where not worth the money. right now i am using abulb that Target had for a while that cost me $3, yes $3 and they are the best lights i have ever had. Unless you have the money to waste do not go with Silverstars. I know people who have had to replace them within 2 months because they burnt out.
did they touch the bulb?

i have PIAA Star WHite 3800K lights. i think they're only 65/45w??? i dont find them very bright.. i use my brights as much as possible.. i dont like them very much...

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I have the nokya 80/100's and they work good as long as you arent under any kind of sodium lighting (city street lights). They work awesome in the country, but for some reason, you cant see them under city lights. I get flashed all the time when I have them on low. I going to make my driving lights in my bumper relay driven off the high beams... I can't wait for the next ***hole to flash me when I have them on low... hes gonna get a fistfull of brightness :twisted:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
haha i have the silver stars.. they are bright white.. not blue. i have also had nokyas and the ones from target// all very blue, but not bright. i finally liek the silver stars, plus i have 4 5" off road lights mounted under my support bumper. talk about light...... 4 truck lights in the lower grille really turns some heads. heh
-Justin

·
Registered
86 Posts
yikes bright lights, hurting my eyes

when I had the Silverstars i could see them while driving but they where nowhere near the output claimed by Sylvania. the bulbs I have now(from Target)blow away the output that my Silverstars have and have close to an H.I.D. look to them. I will post pictures tonight

·
Registered
52 Posts
Josh_LX said:
I have the nokya 80/100's and they work good as long as you arent under any kind of sodium lighting (city street lights). They work awesome in the country, but for some reason, you cant see them under city lights. I get flashed all the time when I have them on low. I going to make my driving lights in my bumper relay driven off the high beams... I can't wait for the next ***hole to flash me when I have them on low... hes gonna get a fistfull of brightness :twisted:
u have no problems seeing them under city lights...i love em though...the silverstars r not all that and definately not worth the price...dont get me started on the PIAAs.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ooh pretty lights

:lol: well i just took some pics of my lights and here they are. In person the light looks more blue, but these are alot brighter and give off a whiter light than my Silverstar headlights did. Now I do recomend the Silverstar turn signal bulbs. That is what I use for my inner turn signals.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts