FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference between the motor in an atx opppsed to a mtx? I know they are both 1.8bp and blah blah but i need to know if the controls for the atx(vaccuum,etc..) will make a diference swapping it into my mtx. I'm picking up a 91egt for$300. cad todaqy and swapping the motor soon so any help would be great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
freshscort said:
Is there a difference between the motor in an atx opppsed to a mtx? I know they are both 1.8bp and blah blah but i need to know if the controls for the atx(vaccuum,etc..) will make a diference swapping it into my mtx. I'm picking up a 91egt for$300. cad todaqy and swapping the motor soon so any help would be great.
they are the same

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
NwEcoCavi said:
he said differences in the motor and again no
Not true. Oil pans are different because the auto has an access hole to get to the torque converter bolts, the throtle bodies are different and the auto uses a 4 wire TPS senser and the manual uses a 3 wire TPS senser. Other then that, yes the motors are the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Onegimp said:
NwEcoCavi said:
he said differences in the motor and again no
Not true. Oil pans are different because the auto has an access hole to get to the torque converter bolts, the throtle bodies are different and the auto uses a 4 wire TPS senser and the manual uses a 3 wire TPS senser. Other then that, yes the motors are the same.
i was unaware of that...thank you for the correction :p

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
nukewater said:
8O Epiphany 8O

I Never realized till now what ATX and MTX ment, just new they were motors, but now it all makes sense :D
ATX and MTX are not motors there trannys.

Automatic TransaXle

Manual TransaXle

its the type of tranmission that car has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts