FEOA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to change the fuel filter but I just wanted to see what everone else thought.

The car runs fine, but tonight when I let off the gas, to make a turn, the engine died. It starts right back up so I'm thinking it's just a bad fuel filter.
Any other ideas?

thanks Speedy

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
could be fuel pump too

look in the how-tos and find the "fix a car that dies in corners"

·
Registered
927 Posts
Not likely the fuel pump or the filter. The thought behind this is:

If it runs fine in the higher RPM's (where MORE fuel is required) then it would only make sense that mechanical fuel delivery would NOT be the problem.

If on the other hand, it dies while in the idle position where LESS fuel is required, then I would look at either the IAC valve OR the TPS OR both.

·
Registered
927 Posts
kmmac1705 said:
I'm car stupid. Whats the IAC and TPS ?
IAC= Idle Air Control valve
TPS= Throttle Position Sensor

·
Premium Member
8,421 Posts
dave8338 said:
Not likely the fuel pump or the filter. The thought behind this is:

If it runs fine in the higher RPM's (where MORE fuel is required) then it would only make sense that mechanical fuel delivery would NOT be the problem.

If on the other hand, it dies while in the idle position where LESS fuel is required, then I would look at either the IAC valve OR the TPS OR both.
This.

zzyzzx said:
check for vacuum leaks as well.
And this.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Vacuum Leak

On my car I would be sticking the hose back on the PCV valve as the hose is old and not very tight and that big of a vacuum leak makes it just about quit on idle. Check PCV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts