FEOA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished suspension overhaul

Tokico S/r's struts ($191 shipped)
H&R Sport Blue Springs 1 inch ($156 shipped)
Energy Susp. Hyperflex master set. ($99 sipped)
EGT rear sway bar (50$)
Eibach Camber kit (30$)
Ebay strut tower bar (30$)
Sumitomo HTR T4 tires 195x60's ($240 a set - delivered!)
ZXTuner HD axles (+400$!!)

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I had a great experience with Sumitomo tires up until the point that the wheels/tires were stolen. I think they are a good bang for the buck.

Sounds like some decent suspension work... only thing I would have passed on was the ebay bars. The Corksport bars may be a lot more expensive, but I noticed quite a difference over my cheap bars that I used to have.

I'm sure you will notice a great improvement over stock with all those goodies!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tire rack rates them better then the Goodyear Eagle GT 2 A/S Touring tire is what I need on these rims. I do a lot of driving and my 17 inch Eagle's are too rough for my long trips.

WAAAAAY better in the DRY - is what I was looking for. Along with price because I wanted to see how these first set wear.

Goodyear

Surveyed Averages 4 82% 6.6 6.3 6.5 7.6 8.2 7.7 5.6 4.9 4.7 7.3 7.2 7.4 12,639,816

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... agle+GT+II

Sumitomo

Surveyed Averages 7 90% 7.0 7.3 7.3 7.8 8.5 7.8 6.7 6.4 6.6 8.3 8.2 7.2 330,800 miles total

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... del=HTR+T4
AND I GO THROUGH TIRES IN 5 months or 15,000 miles. LOL

She responds awesome now BTW. Totally worth every penny. Next 45 days will prove to me if I want to turbo the zetec.

And for the axles. My only justification for them was the fact that since 1999; I have spent (let me skim over receipts) 600$ on axles alone. 5 sets I see here in my folder!

I guess the objective was to make it handle like my M3.

not gonna happen. ;)

Off to NorCal!

·
Super Moderator
6,050 Posts
good lord why are you chewing up axles so much?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
$50 is excessive for an EGT swaybar. I got mine on ebay for $35 shipped but now I know a yard where I can get them for $9.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to do some "spirited" off-road driving when I was younger. Axles come with the fun.

FYI 50$ including shipping was from a member on here. ;)

I coulda pulled one myself but am lazy, and got the $...so???

Got it aligned today. Could not have done it w/o the eibach's , whoever says you dont need em is not going to a proper manual alignment shop. Computerized alignment FTL.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
99SseSPORT said:
Got it aligned today. Could not have done it w/o the eibach's , whoever says you dont need em is not going to a proper manual alignment shop.
A member had his aligned at a "proper alignment shop" without the camber kit and it came out with slightly more camber than OEM spec. More camber will make the car handle better with more grip in corners. If you have it put to factory spec then your missing out on that advantage. Besides, the camber bolts are just another thing to get thrown out of whack when you hit a pot hole. These cars tend to wear the outside of the tires anyway so a little more camber could also make the tires last longer.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
madmatt2024 said:
99SseSPORT said:
Got it aligned today. Could not have done it w/o the eibach's , whoever says you dont need em is not going to a proper manual alignment shop.
A member had his aligned at a "proper alignment shop" without the camber kit and it came out with slightly more camber than OEM spec. More camber will make the car handle better with more grip in corners. If you have it put to factory spec then your missing out on that advantage. Besides, the camber bolts are just another thing to get thrown out of whack when you hit a pot hole. These cars tend to wear the outside of the tires anyway so a little more camber could also make the tires last longer.
+1. yeah so the 4 different alignment racks that I had it on were lying to me :roll: Our cars dont need camber correction with lowering springs. I ran that setup for about 6 years and never had a camber problem due to the camber still being within spec or just barely out of it.. The only reason I ever had it checked was for toe. Never had abnormal wear on the tires. While a manual method is just as accurate as a computer alignment, it takes way longer to setup then a computer alignment. since I have got coilovers now, I have used the manual method and it works great, just takes way too long to do it, but I still use it since the monkeys at the local shops dont know what to do with a camber plate, and put a prybar in it to move it, making a big gouge in my brand new coilovers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ended up with Eibachs. I hated the H&R's

Also put on some 205/40/ZR17's

Way Way better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts