Discussion in 'Photo Forum' started by DexterZX2, Aug 5, 2010.
Nice work! Where did you get your rotors? If you don't mind me asking...
If you are refering to the big brake kit I have up front, I got them from a guy in my town. I traded a Kami header for the brake kit. I'm not sure where he got the kit from, but I can find out.
Info on the front and rear would be great, thanks!
looking good there.
Over the weekend I spent some more time looking into this rad/IC/front bumper issue I'm having. I figured out that I can move the top of the radiator back about an inch and it still clears the front frame rail. This helps allow more space between the bumper and radiator, but it doesn't solve the issue of the inner turns hitting the radiator. I asked my dad to look at it with me to see if we could come up with a solution. We decided to take my oem inner turns and cut the backs out of them while leaving the mounting points in tact. I still want to run a black housing inner turn, so if the reflector surface were to be cut up it wouldn't matter. As you can see from the picture below, we cut a significant amount away from the back of the housing.
To seal off the back of the housing, we'll epoxy some thin, cut-to-form pieces of plexiglass on them. We also saved the bulb mounting piece to epoxy onto the back of the plexiglass.
The next step I do before we seal the inners up is paint the insides black. I'm going to sttempt to paint them without removing the lenses so I don't have to reseal them later. My one question is this, should I hand paint them with modeling paint, or spray paint them? Either way I'll have to mask the lenses before I paint. Spraying them would be faster and it would be more consistant over painting them with a hand brush. I'm gonna have to look into the what color black I want to use. I want to match it to the black housing headlight I have, so I might have to go with a matte black over a gloss. I was also thinking about going with a chrome black to see how that would look. I'm not sure yet, until I do some more research.
On a side note I did pick up a 1/2" ID barbed fitting for my CFM pcv block off plate. I also picked up a longer section of hose for the Mishimoto oil catch can, (the one they supplied was just a bit to short).
Stay tuned, I'll have more info on the inner turns project soon.
Hey man, good work! I'm hella jealous of this ride and the fact that you did it all yourself! Now, you gotta show us what you've done since the last post!!!
Sorry it's been a while since I last updated this post. I'll have to go back and see what all has been done since my last update. Currently the project is on hold due to time/money and my wedding that's coming up at the end of July. Thanks for all the positive support and continued interest in my build. I will finish the build, it just might take a little longer than I wanted it to.
Separate names with a comma.