FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question here. if anyone with a CVH has/had these in their engines, and how they compare(d) to a stock set of copper Autolites...I recently stumbled on a new set that came with my parts car (in the hatch) and just wonder what to expect if I run them.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Denso's are the stock plugs for all toyotas. I did get a bad set and three of them failed, leaked compression. the electrode literally spun freely in the grounding nut. And no, I didn't over torque them.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I've had that problem happen with autolites before, the center piece spun freely and yeah it leaked compression bad, and I didn't overtorque either.

I am running denso U grove cheapy plugs in my EGT right now and I'm very happy with how they perform! much better than autolites!

I can't speak for the more expensive plugs I've never bought em, my most expensive plugs were 5 dollar autolites and they were ok.

hey silverton what you running for plugs, NGK's to match the wires?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
NGK's, yes sir. I didn't look too closely as what they were, but iirc, they looked like v-powers, I'll just assume they were replaced at the same time as the wires were put on, but I am definitely an NGK man for life

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
silverton said:
Denso's are the stock plugs for all toyotas. I did get a bad set and three of them failed, leaked compression. the electrode literally spun freely in the grounding nut. And no, I didn't over torque them.
Not all.... but most. ;)

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've used Bosch Platinum 2's before, and they died from overheating. I switched to the colder range of copper autolites after, and have had zero issues. Mind you I went through two sets of Boschs (one regular plat, the other a 2 set) and had the same problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.