FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, most of you have heard that my search for a nice EGT has ended. I finally found a body to install my GTR engine into.

Well, now a wrench is getting thrown into my wheels. Our State EPA has decided to now have OBD-II tests on cars 1996 and newer. They plug into your OBD-II port and run the test that way.

I was planning on putting a Haltech E6K to manage my Turbo Engine. If they require an OBD-II test, I wont be able to get my tags. So, I have to consider other options. I know a few members that have run an APEXi S-AFC for fuel managment. Unfortunatly, none are running a 1996 EGT.

Anyone have any experience running an APEXi S-AFC with a vehicle equipped with OBD-II?

Tom

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

A post about an APEXi AVC Type R said that the 1.8l's do not have a VSS. I am wondering if that is true about the 1996 EGT's. I hooked my OBD-II laptop interface to the OBD-II diagnostic Port and I was able to get a readout of my speed on my laptop. That could be a reading from a VSS. Anyone have any ideas?

Tom

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
hmm... it's to bad you don't have a vacation home in another state Tom. So that you could register it there. How about registering it as a custom vehicle? is that possible? I don't know if you could register it under a kit car type thing or if that would require something funny with the tittle.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont have a problem with making it legal. It wouldn't be that hard. They would actually be better off if I were able to go with a programable ECU. I would be able to make it better for the air with the ECU. Oh well.

I think I will be OK with the APEXi S-AFC and an APEXi AVC Type R. I think I will have it running great.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.