FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just got a nice 3rd gen (2000) about 4 days ago. As soon as I decided to buy the car, I got a scosche aftermarket console to put in a cd player.

I had it all hooked up and working fine when my friend gives me another cd player to use. I unhooked the one I currently had in and put this one in and now I have no dashboard illumination lights. My tailights DO work and I checked all the fuses under the hood and steering column, all seemed fine. The cd player does light up when i turn on my headlights but I just cant get any illumination anymore.

What can I do? Are there any other fuses located anywhere that I can check?

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
Did you use the scosche instructions or did you test every wire first to make sure that scosche's instructions were correct? I've found them to be wrong before.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
after i took apart my dash and everything in it, i obviously had to put it all back together. so, it's about 3am and excessively dark inside my car. nothing was lit up in the console - NOTHING. i drove home, guessing what my speed was (ironically a cop was following me a good distance as well), and when i made it home. i took everything apart to see what the hell was wrong with my car. at first i assumed it was a fuse, then i had no idea. then i noticed that i forgot to plug back in the cord that attached to my dimmer. i connected the two, and booyah! i had light restored back into my console.

so, i say check all your power connections first, maybe you knocked something loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts