FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... just wanted some tips on painting my dash... gunna start working on it soon just wanna know what u guys did to make it looks nice and smooth how u sanded it etc... thanks..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I actually pulled my entire gauge console out. Took about a week to get it out, paint it, and fix my heater core and put it all back together.

I didn't make anything smooth, I wanted the original texture..just a different color.

My EGT is white with the gray interior with black trim.

I wanted black interior with white trim.

So I pulled my basic gray console and painted all the bases from gray to black, and all the accents from black to white.

This is how much I removed to do it:

This is what it looked like colored the way I wanted it on the center console:

This is the Gauge cluster the way I wanted it..These are also my custom made gauges, but I want Indiglows.

Doesn't matter what you do, just take your time and dont rush it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey, blade...
Great Job, looks great! I have been debating on whether to paint my center console where the stick shift and center pocket holder thingy is but wasnt sure what it would look like black. I painted my little cup holder that is removeable black allready and it came out almost as nice as yours. But wasn't sure if I should go all the way out and paint the whole center thingy black or not....Still debating...but looks great!
later
Gmoney
8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts