FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i cant start my car nemore by pushing in the clutch. Its been that way for a couple months but i've just been using my remote start to do it neway. But i wanna get it fixed so that way if something happens, i wont be stuck.

So....where is it? and how do i replace it?
I looked on autozone and they have the "neutral safety switch" for the manual transmission which is what the worker i called said it was. So, i looked up the component info and it said it was under hood on side of transmission. Now i've swapped that entire powertrain and all out and i dont remember seeing something like that.

So my question is this. Is that the right part i need or is it something else? and is it really under the hood?

Thanks,
Marshall

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok.......found a lil more info.....i consulted my haynes like i should have in the first place.

It shows 2 switches
a "clutch switch"
and a "clutch engage switch"

the clutch switch appears to be directly underneath the clutch pedal.

the clutch engage switch appears to be to the side of the pedal and the pedal has a lil rubber stopper that hits against this switch.......

which one is my switch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.