FEOA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 EGT

It needs struts and I have a post on the suspension forum on that but there are few more things I need to get fixed.

1 Cant get the cooling fan to switch on. Fan switch in the thermostate neck is replaced and the fuse and relay LOOK ok in the main fuse box under the hood. I have the fan running wired to the fuse box inside the car and a switch in line but I dont want to leave it like that. ???

2 I am also having a problem with 3rd gear. The car shifts into gear fine but it feels like it is barley engaging the gear. if you have your hand on the shifter and pull back on it 1/64 of an inch the car comes out of gear???

3 The car sat for over a year without being started and I think the valve seals must of dryed out. The car has 175 lbs of cylinder pressure across all the cylinders but it does a lot of smoking after it has sat over night. How hard of a job would it be to put new valve seals on the car without pulling the head???

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
how do u expect to put valve guides in without removing the head.....u might as well replace the gasket 2. I wouldnt worry about it..... its just a little oil.

·
Registered
5,792 Posts
g4ebguy said:
how do u expect to put valve guides in without removing the head.....u might as well replace the gasket 2. I wouldnt worry about it..... its just a little oil.
If you got skills you can do it with out removing the head. It's been done before.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Onegimp said:
g4ebguy said:
If you got skills you can do it with out removing the head. It's been done before.
its allz about the skillz maain

·
Registered
56 Posts
havnt heard something that horrible since napeoleon dynamite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, on the valve seal job I was hoping I could air up the cylinders or use the rope method if need be. The main thing I am not sure about is a valve spring tool that will let me get down past it and get the spring retainers out and then back in.

I know I could pull the head buttttt if it aint broke????

I'm just trying to get the last 200,000 miles out of this car ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
2 I am also having a problem with 3rd gear. The car shifts into gear fine but it feels like it is barley engaging the gear. if you have your hand on the shifter and pull back on it 1/64 of an inch the car comes out of gear???
For some reason mine would do the same when my shifter bushings were bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts