FEOA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a guy named Luis, who is the owner/operator of an upcoming site, (TheGaugeGuy.com), I sent him a scan of our stock LX 120mph gauges, and also what I want them to look like... And he is trying to recreate my idea, with his design software, he's going to send me a set, and I will install them and post pix up here, if everyone likes, we can set up a group buy, and all have white faced gauges for around $35

Here is his website, so you can see the quality of his stuff
http://www.gauges.maxten.com/gauges3.htm

Here is our stock gauges

Here is what they will look like

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
They've been around for a long time. I built a set last year but never got around to installing them. I've got em on a zip disk if anybody wants them. They're about 23MB *.bmp files.

The stock ones are much better. And you risk screwing the accuracy of your gauges when you take them out and fsck around with them.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have them too, but in smaller files, what im trying to say is I've found someone to mass produce them, the RIGHT WAY, not just a paper or cardstock overlay, an actual gauge face, and for dirt cheap.. like i said, he's doing mine, as soon as I receive them I'll take some pics, and if pple give them a thumbs up, we'll set up a group buy

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think what he was saying is that whenever you screw with the gauges, you have the risk of ruining their accuracy. Prying off the needle would qualify.
I think I'm gonna use the printed out ones, and slice a line up the bottom to the needle hole. It'll make it alot easier for me, plus I'll use sticky paper and just cut out for sticking it on front and tucking the edges under, so I don't have to deal with removing the cluster and everything.

·
Registered
321 Posts
94scortlx19 said:
I spoke with a guy named Luis, who is the owner/operator of an upcoming site, (TheGaugeGuy.com), I sent him a scan of our stock LX 120mph gauges, and also what I want them to look like... And he is trying to recreate my idea, with his design software, he's going to send me a set, and I will install them and post pix up here, if everyone likes, we can set up a group buy, and all have white faced gauges for around $35

Here is his website, so you can see the quality of his stuff
http://www.gauges.maxten.com/gauges3.htm

Here is our stock gauges

Here is what they will look like
its probably not a good idea to change where the car red lines haha

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why not? my 94 winds out to 7000RPM no problem! well it did with the old motor, idk how my new one will be,
and as for messin up the gauges, the tach is like the speedo, its gonna return to 0... all you have to do is fill up the tank before you pull them , so that when u put them back on you can leave the plastic cover off, turn the car on, then position your gauges! i have to take mine apart again seeing as my temp and fuel are pointing straight down :evil:

·
Registered
321 Posts
94scortlx19 said:
why not? my 94 winds out to 7000RPM no problem! well it did with the old motor, idk how my new one will be,
and as for messin up the gauges, the tach is like the speedo, its gonna return to 0... all you have to do is fill up the tank before you pull them , so that when u put them back on you can leave the plastic cover off, turn the car on, then position your gauges! i have to take mine apart again seeing as my temp and fuel are pointing straight down :evil:
yes but as stated in the owners manual going beyond the red line may damage the engine, and obviously its never too healthy to do that.
jsut cuz it can go that far doesnt mean it wont damage

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
how do you do that, have you removed your rev limiter? because i thought lxs had a rev limiter at like 6200? and thats not simple clip this wire, you would need a chip or ecu work.

and you said it in the same post "my 94 winds out to 7000RPM no problem"... "well it did with the old motor" hum. also even if it did not only is it unhealthy for a motor not made to do that to do it, PLUS you would have NO power so what is the point?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it just sounds incredibly sweet... and no i didnt do anything, i dont know if the previous owner did anything to it.. but it has always revved to 7,000 then it bounces off the revlimiter , sounds like a honda yiiiing-ying-ying-ying-ying-ying- lol my old motor still runs, but since i got the 94k one with my tranny i figured why not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts