FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how to make a custom enclosure that would fit a 12 in. sub in each of the corners of the trunk? i have a 93 lx 4 dr. hatch if that helps. is it even possible to fit them there?

·
Registered
750 Posts
yes two twelves will fit, but you need to build the enclosure to the minimum suggested vol.

check my page out to see a box wit two 12" HART EKG12

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
you could fiberglass an enclosure...
here

fiberglassing is SUPER simple it just takes some time and patience + you would get a one off look that would look trick when you popped the trunk and didnt have a big box. not to mention with a fiberglassed enclosure you will be the MOST efficient with your space you can always make a box fit into a corner but never perfectly taking up more space.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep after reading that page I am compelled to head down to my local marina shop and buy some resin/hardener and fiberglass mat, I think ill do my whole trunk in one go, I think ill do the base shell in mdf like 1-2" high for the components (amps computer etc)

This paycheque should be gone quite rapidly :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
yeah... true but i must mention if you saw the whole site he was showing you how to make a box... and to do it you layed down the back and soaked it in resin (but he had aluminum foil lining the trunk and tape on the seams) so the box could be removed and the fabric could be stretched and glued to the back.... aka removable. but good catch though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts