FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
You can use a Civic tube and some flex pipe, buy PVC and mod that to fit, or get an intake off another car and clamp it on and set it down in the wheel well... Easiest thing to do to your car. :)

·
Registered
914 Posts
slammineon95 said:
what kind of car would you take the tube off of it for it to work?
coyote-x said:
You can use a Civic tube and some flex pipe, buy PVC and mod that to fit, or get an intake off another car and clamp it on and set it down in the wheel well... Easiest thing to do to your car. :)
You can find these at autozone or other cheapy car parts stores for... Well, cheap. I've heard some people needed to move their battery though. Basically all CIA's are the same, just rig it so it'll fit and doesn't leak. Play with it a little, you're not going to hurt your car if you mess it up as long as you don't /drive/ it around a lot like that.

As for getting tubes off of other cars... It doesn't work as well, I guess, but they'll come off of anything. Try a V8 car with a big engine bay, that way you can stick the filter somewhere cool, like in the fender well. What year 'scort do you own?

·
Registered
911 Posts
i dissagree...Make your own. Not pvc. Its cheap, looks retarded and will end up making you dissapointed in urself.

Here's what i recommend. Figure out where you want it to go. Personally, i like it when its on the bottom of the car, right where all the air goes underneath your car. Measure it out so the filter would be at the same level as the bottom of the front bumper. You will get the coldest air down there anyway. Then once you've taken the measurements, figure out the angles at wich you will have to get the pipe to go to. Then get polished aluminum, w/e you want to use to get it to look good and rubber elbows to get the CAI to go where you want it to go.

BUT. YOU MUST, MUST, MUST plan for 2 branch pipes for your design. One very thing pipe that goes to your valve cover and one, i'd say about 1 inch, piping that goes just underneath your throttle body. W/ out that pipe that goes to the throttle body the car wont run. It has to get the same air that the throttle body is getting or else your car will not idle and it wont be a healthy car at all...

But this is if you have a GT. If not, then i dunno what you would do, i've never looked under the hood of a 1.9.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i showed mine to the sho[p and they were impressed on resourcefullness and creativity....anyway am not bragging my intake its just some people prefer it this way....one thing i embarassed a mitsu galant w/ an aluminum intake worth at least a hundred and mine was merely 6 bucks and make it 30 including the K&N and the adapter......anyway thats just me though.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.