FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been debating whether or not to pick up a stock bpc8 intake manifold or make a custom manifold for my new GTR engine, or pick up a GTX IM for $50 next weekend.

wondering if anyone has any experience builing one for the BP or any good pics of a custom manifold to give me some inspiration to fork over the coin. Going rate on a GTR IM is ~$150 so I am not sure if its worth throwing the cash at a custom IM.

Hoping to run a T3/T4 style turbo with ~20-25psi boost when all is said and done so i am not sure if the GTR manifold is even a bottleneck at those levels. Hoping for 300-350whp.

Thanks, Jeff

· Registered
519 Posts
building a custom IM is gonna run you more than $150

A lot more.

Even if you are doing it yourself, you are gonna have a LOT into materials.

As far as boost goes, I thought corksport was running ~25 psi on a GTR motor back in the day that was mainly stock.

· Registered
897 Posts
I vote to go custom if you're going to do the work yourself :wink: I've actually started working on a design for myself. It won't be cheap but it'll be different that's for sure.. I just got done with some work today that sacrificed a stock bp intake for it's flange so it can be used on the new one.

· Registered
7,483 Posts
I've never understood why people build these pretty, custome, billet aftermarket parts and then use crappy looking rubber hose, worm clamps, and brass fittings. Some SS hardline and nickle plated fittings would make that setup look 1K times better.

· Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im thinking more along the lines of a ebay miata itb kit(uses toyota 20v itb) with a plenum and some big injectors.

sorta like this, but not using motor bike itbs, instead using the miata itb kit.

· Registered
50 Posts
I run 18 lbs tuned on stock internals, and stock intake manifold, ran 21 lbs just fine with out tune blew up motor, be cause of lean but, when it was running 21 it was a whole different monster, I talked to corksport an the Rep told me they where just using Victor x eldelbrok Mani for the Honda ad cut and modifying accordingly to fit

· Premium Member
5,371 Posts
yes they do... $224 from Corksport. There are multiple pages, you have to go to the bottom of the screen to click to the next page.

· Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they come and go but are usually around 150 used going rate, 75 for a gtx. check out other boards feoa doesnt always have the lowest prices. i just turned down one for 100.

ok well I have a 2000 miata head on the way and i cant seem to find any ITB kits for the 200 head that arent a rip off so Im not bothering with any ebay or any OEM crap. I am trying to pick up some pre 98 busa ITBs and should be able to build the craziest IM out there for under 200 :)

the fuel system is another story.

· Registered
622 Posts
vtec-this said:
they come and go but are usually around 150 used going rate, 75 for a gtx. check out other boards feoa doesnt always have the lowest prices. i just turned down one for 100.

ok well I have a 2000 miata head on the way and i cant seem to find any ITB kits for the 200 head that arent a rip off so Im not bothering with any ebay or any OEM crap. I am trying to pick up some pre 98 busa ITBs and should be able to build the craziest IM out there for under 200 :)

the fuel system is another story.
you shoulda bought that, are your positive it wasnt a gtx. Because gtr intake manifolds are a hot ticket, and you can get way more than 100 bucks for one.

· Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sale pending on busa itbs. should be simple enough to pull off following the how-to on clubprotege (famous last words) especially since the fuel rail mounts to the head, what a fantastic design :) space between the IM and the firewall is going to be the biggest problem I think.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.