FEOA Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the rear sway bar on CTA Motorsports´ site? It looks like a good bar, but i´m just trying to become a little more informed before spending money.
The bar is available for $120 w/ no end link and rubber bushings and $150 w/ an end link kit and poly bushings.
The price seems a bit high to me, but i smoke crack so i could be wrong.

Thanks ahead for any info/opinions.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
boy I wish I could say for sure. Someone I spoke to with a Zx2 said he was 99% sure it would fit his car. on the CTA website it says it will fit 97 and up + Zx2. I´d feel a lot better looking at it in person. I´d like to promiss you a refund if it doesn´t but that would be pretty hard to do right now.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I won´t swear to 100% but I have put my 94 gt and my 02 zx2 side by side and I think they will interchange. My zx2 has a thinner bar, but the same shape and mountin locations. At least to the naked eye, I haven´t measured at them to see if they are the same length.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
THE gt and wagons have the same thickness bar, the wagon a little stiffer.
the 2 gen lx and 3gen and zx2 are supposed to be the same!
we have put wagon swaybars on zx2 at least 5 that i know of!
and the wagon that is bein driven by my freind(dimwatt) aka zwag is running the compass bar, were these group buy is taking place!
they run the same suspension on all the cars! excaept the zx2 has a cross brace from one lower control in front to the other! and the rear end on 3 gens is a little more beefer than the 2gens

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
the group by bar... is made by a company called Quickor. That is the company the company formerly known as Compass Motorsports got their bars from. It is a 1" bar. It is pretty beefy. If you go with it you should plan on sport type springs in the future. Just click "Bare End Motorsports" link below to find out more.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
the weagon and gt are like 15/16 or something the bar is bigger! and we did notice a diffrence!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, wait a minute, i´m starting to get the feeling that the group buy bar will work. But, like egtdude said, a refund is not going to be possible. Although, i would be able to re-sell the bar if it doesn´t work.
right?
someone with a 2nd gen will decide they want this bar too late for the group buy and i will be ok when it doesn´t bolt up.
yeah.
that will probably happen.
when is the deadline for this thing? it may take me a while to convince myself...
^_^

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
02-05-2003 at 12:15, Robofunc wrote:
So, wait a minute, i´m starting to get the feeling that the group buy bar will work. But, like egtdude said, a refund is not going to be possible. Although, i would be able to re-sell the bar if it doesn´t work.
right?
someone with a 2nd gen will decide they want this bar too late for the group buy and i will be ok when it doesn´t bolt up.
yeah.
that will probably happen.
when is the deadline for this thing? it may take me a while to convince myself...
^_^
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Yeah I wish I could give you a for sure answer on that. If you decide to get in on the group buy and it doesn´t fit for some reason I´ll try to help find you a buyer. you have until the 7th to send the deposit. and then you have until the 14th to send the rest of the cash. Just click the link below

1 - 11 of 11 Posts