FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Engine seems to have excessive crankcase pressure but only after it's warmed up. I checked the compression cold and it had 150,190,175 and 140, the 140 was on the #1 cyl. When the engine is warmed up it will blow oil thru the pcv into the intake and it will fill the air cleaner up till it runs out on the ground. I used a quart and a half of oil in 30 miles of driving and it doesn't smoke out the tailpipe. If I pull the pcv valve out of the tube it doesn't blow anything when cold but when it warms up it starts to blow. If I drive it a few miles and pull it out there will be oil in the tube. Do you guys think it's just blowing by the rings or do you think there is some other problem with this thing? Seems like if it was the rings it would blow all of the time not just when hot. The engine has dropped a valve seat before and they said one of the pistons was damaged but they only replaced the head and not the piston that was damaged.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the pcv valve and when I did I noticed that the hose that connects it to the intake was very soft and gummy. When I rev'd it up the vaccum from the intake was sucking the hose together and it was sticking like that causing all the crankcase pressure to go out of the valve cover vent tube. I think that is how the oil was getting into the air box which I have eliminated as of tonight. I went to the zone and got an adapter that bolts to the maf sensor and one of those cheap K&N style air filters to go on that. Now I will put one of those little breather filters on the valve cover vent and I should be good to go. I'm not sure what to do with the IAT sensor so I just let hang. I dont have a check engine light so it must be ok. I will say the engine sounds a lot better now I'd even say it sounds kinda mean when you rev it up a bit. :twisted:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There might be some damage there but the car is running good now. I'ts not blowing oil anymore. The idle is a little rough but I think the cat is partially plugged and is causing that to happen. I will be either eliminating the catylitic converter or I will be busting all the good stuff out of it any way. I want to run a strait pipe out under the right side of the car. Thats what most of the other guys at the track are doing. My friend cut the exhaust off his Honda Civic right under the middle of the car. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts