FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic informs me that Cork Sport's steel brake lines don't fit.

The hex end is too big to fit into the connecting bracket.

Has anyone used these or had a similar problem?

Yellow41

:?:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yeah

we have a shop here where we got ours from , we pulled out the trusty dremel and opened the hole up!! and now we are using the clips!! just a little extra work!

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I thought someone said (awhile back) that stainless steel lines would be too hard for street use, one bump and they'd start cracking? I dunno maybe I'm thinking of another type of brake line. However anything upgraded from rubber is good because rubber will happily give under pressure 8O

·
Registered
618 Posts
Why in the world would you use glass brake lines in yor car? That just sounds really stupid to me. Might as well make the brake pads out of low quality plastic too, they'd probably last just as long as the brake lines!!!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
James92Scort said:
I know they aren't, they do have to bend and curve. I'm not saying they WILL crack/break. But I was told that a certain type of brake line shouldn't be used on the street.
To be DOT approved they need to have freely rotating ends, and the hose has to be tested to last a certain amount of hours on a test rig that constantly bends them.

I've heard people come up with the craziest excuses not to use braided lines, but none of them take into account that the lines are rubber with a braiding on the outside just to keep them from expanding too much. Even if the braiding falls appart, you've still got a brake line underneath.

I used to have them on my BMW... they do a lot to help with feel and threshold braking modulation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts