FEOA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,
i recently just moved from the deep south to the mid atlantic. i just noticed that my coolant seems to be slowly leaking from somewhere on the drivers side of the engine. I looked into the reservoir and the coolant appears to be a brownish green color. I looked under the car and i can see that the drops are within my reach. do u think this is something i can fix or do i need to take it to the shop.

any suggestions?

thanks

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i had the same problem. but now that it snows and rains out, i can't tell if it's still leaking.

i just keep an eye on my temp gauge and coolant level.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
It's probably a hose or hose clamp.

This is an easy do it yourself-er, but first you have to pinpoint exactly where the source of the leak is. If you poke around enough, you'll find it.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Mine was doing the exact same thing... and it was the rad :( I'm not saying that urs is.... but what happened with mine was it was leaking near where the rad and the hose met, but it wasn't a seal. Because of where you moved from though, I'm thinking that a probably quite warm place to a cooler place, you may want to check for craked hoses and stuff. As for the color of the coolant, that says to me that you need to flush it as it's a bit dirty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Qtip said:
hey folks,
i recently just moved from the deep south to the mid atlantic. i just noticed that my coolant seems to be slowly leaking from somewhere on the drivers side of the engine. I looked into the reservoir and the coolant appears to be a brownish green color. I looked under the car and i can see that the drops are within my reach. do u think this is something i can fix or do i need to take it to the shop.

any suggestions?

thanks
Is your car a standard or automatic?

Check your hoses and if it all looks fine replace your radiator cap.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Could be the end peices on your radiator leaking. Most of the cooling system is in the center and passenger side of the car so it shouldn't be to hard to find the leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts