FEOA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something I had been thinking about for awhile, and actually got the nerve to do it....in our 2nd gen scorts, we all know how our cupholders are placed,right under our radios and right behind out shifters..well, take the middle part of the console out"where the actual cupholders are in",and remove the shift boot "5spds"..If you have access to a Dremel tool, carefully remove the base of each cupholder, so that you have to nice round EMPTY holes there...make sure that both holes are smooth and free of any rough plastic edges...Now I myself used two cd cases,the clear front cover to be exact..Place them on the underside of your console and match up the clear plastic covers with the holes underneath..cut out a circle just a lil bit larger that the actual hole itself out of the clear plastic...Now, with both peices cut, take a some glue,preferably something strong, I used a hot glue gun..and glue these plastic cirlces to the base of the console where your cup holders were....Now when you are finished, you now have your cupholders with a see through base :-o "pretty sweet huh"..still not done...If you are a big Neon buff,you can take one or two 4in or 6 in neon rods, place them underneath your console and have "GLOWING CUPHOLDERS"....I have already did this mod, nothing major,but it does look sweet as H3LL...I will post pics as soon as I can of this mod..its quick,easy..and looks pretty damn spiffy,specially if your a bottle water drinker,it makes you whole bottle and everything else GLOW....hope you guys liked the idea :-]

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would rather use lexan than a CD case, it´s a little more forgiving and definately sturdier. And that way you don´t have a CD wandering around without its case on. :p

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
i have a stack of about 15 CD cases with no CD´s to be held...no problem there, and then i don´t have to pay for any extra glass :-] plus i usually don´t have any cups ot be held, so sturdiness isn´t an issue either...
that idea is actually pretty t3mpti|\|g...*adds to the list of stuff to do*

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
That´s sweeeeeet man, thanx for the info and the how-to. That would definately be something cool to see for my upcoming show.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hey, ho - what a lot of work you boys do make for yourselves. If I wanted things for drinks, I´d get a stretch limo :-]

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
09-05-2003 at 18:27, Foxy wrote:
Hey, ho - what a lot of work you boys do make for yourselves. If I wanted things for drinks, I´d get a stretch limo :-]
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Nothin wrong with having a love affair with your car and being way too bored all the time. ;-)
That sounds really interesting. I just wish I had the patience (or creativity) to do something like that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It really is cool guys, and as for as the cd cases went, I had to use what was available...and trust me, the front of the cases are quite sturdy....I must say, it looks quite good when riding down the road, it adds just that lil bit of essance to your driving mood....like I said, I will soon post a few pics of it just to let everyone see just how cool it looks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
09-05-2003 at 19:05, James92Scort wrote:

Nothin wrong with having a love affair with your car and being way too bored all the time. ;-)

Ah, but James, with a stretch limo you can have a love affair IN your car and then you´d never be bored!! ;-)

·
Registered
802 Posts

what do you guys think, i got bored today :).. im thinkin about changing the color to red.. * i just conveniently had green* and getting a module so it goes to the beats... im also thinking mirrors.. mirrors rule!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks good huh

I must say, looks good nukewater...easy mod was it not,and it looks kool riding at nite..Not to bright, but just enough to give it that "Oooh Yeah" feeling..lol..Now, I am in the process of trying to place small neons in the vents of my car...I think it would look cool, havent seen it done yet, so I figured I would give that a try as well...you know guys, I must have a really boring life....lol :cry:

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey nuke,
12 volts would burn the led up, but not if you hooked 5 or more in series. I don't know if you know what series means, so don't get mad at me :oops:.

alex

·
Registered
735 Posts
heh, i don't know about most of you, but my cupholders don't hold drinks all tha well to begin with :( every time i turn a corner the cup goes flying across the car, do they seem to stay better without the black thing in there?

·
Registered
91 Posts
:D if you dont want to run 5 led's than you can put a capasitator on each 1 not much money and you can find them anywhere!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I will warn you those LEDs will not be all that bright whatsoever. The brighter ones are clear in color but give off colored lights.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts