FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was thinking that it would be pretty cool to shave the reflectors on the trunk. i wouldnt be that hard just cut sheet metal to size and weld it in then grind it down and a layer of bondo then paint then you dont have the "cheap" shaved reflectors that were "shaved" with a little body match paint, I know people dont really say that they "shaved them" but body matching them is an attempt to make them non visible or, "shave them". then for the sides (if you look at it you would understand) where the reflector would have filled just copy the shape onto sheet metal and repeat steps 1 2 and 3... you understand, right? i think shaved and re aranged taillights look rad. anyway i was just using my 10 min summer thinking limit for the day :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
hey thats totally possible, if you have the time and resources do it, i think that they look sooo much better. And its common out here for the tail light covers, they get the niteshades spray tint and paint the reflector. It looks alright. if you do it, then show some pics

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Re: coo idea

FordBoy4ever said:
i wouldnt be that hard just cut sheet metal to size and weld it in then grind it down and a layer of bondo then paint then you dont have these white boy shaved reflectors that were "shaved" with a little body match paint, I know people dont really say that they "shaved them" but body matching them is an attempt to make them non visible or, "shave them".
if you have the means do that. However I take offense to your "white boy" description of doing exactly what I am doing right now. I finally got the damn orange reflector off my hatch and for now, I've bondod and primered that little section and i'm going to paint them to match my car. Why would you go through that much trouble just to add that much more weight to your car? I know the reflector weighs probably about 1-2 pounds, sheet metal weighs more than that...and don't forget the welding adds a pound or two. Ask Tito what a nice, light car can do. He destroyed a V12. 8O :wink:

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
Ive had this dont for 2yrs now, All I did was take a can of good and I mean good paint remover and removed the clear coat from the orange relfector its self then I wet sanded it with the paint remover and then I cleaned it with some paint thinner to get the paint remover off, then primered it, then sanded it then primered again then went and got a can of matching Caymen *code DA* then put a light coat on sanded it a little then put the rest on the clear coated it.. Very simple, No removing the reflector at all and it looks good. Brian has seen it.

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
Re: coo idea

PrimerGuru said:
FordBoy4ever said:
...you dont have these white boy...
whats up with that comment? that was uncalled for IMO.
Taken care of.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry for pissing someof you off but i figure if your a secure white male it wont bother you... sorta like being called gay, if your unsure you get defensive but if your know what you like and it has 2 jugs and an insertion hole then you brush it off. and i only said that really because i did it to mine (painted them) and i figured it would look that much more different to have it smoothed than have this bulge (the painted reflector). I dunno i do have the equipment at hand so i am going to do it ill keep ya updated it may be a couple weeks though im headed out of town on wed.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i appologize i didnt know that you guys really didnt like my post untill i checked my pm which was after i wrote my prevous post and i will refrain from making fun of my ways at the expense of others feelings. sorry again

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
FordBoy4ever said:
i wanted to bump this up one time to make sure that everyone got to read my appology that took offence to my whiteboy comment. the last thing i wanted to do was be the resident a**hole.
Don't worry about it. I forgot about it once I went to bed. lol

Beaverboy said:
Don't kid yourself. You've got quite a campaign ahead of you if you think you're going to take that covetted spot away from our "Resident A**hole".
LMAO Yeah That's already taken.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.