FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i went to wal-mart and bought a can of black spray paint for 94 cents, its called colorplace fast dry spray paint, I figured if it doesnt look good or if i mess up, i can go to the junk yard and redo it, and I am not sure on painting the whole dash, im new at this stuff. About the short shifter, if u know an article on doing it let me know, or if its easy u can explain it to me, im interested in doing it.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
good job, that's the same color i painted my center divider. the paint i used was rustoleum brand from home depot (a bit more expensive compared to wally-world). meant for plastic, washed & dried, primed, painted flat black or black w/ semi-gloss (depending on preference) and finished it off with a clearcoat to protect 'er. the interior looked good, and smalled awesome!!

*runs out to the garage to see what else there is to paint*

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, i only washed it then dryed it and painted it,if i would of done what u did, it would of looked better and probaly longer lasting, owell.
another thing i painted was the vents on the sides and i painted the little platic peice around the gas and hatch relase, looks better than plain grey.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
ohhh i wish i had a gas & trunk release.
i've also attacked with paint the vent covers, the handle to the glove box. this summer, im going to tear apart my doors and get most of the plastic parts like the speaker cover and arm rest. the door handles i was going to paint, but instead i threw in some protoge handles. much better. i also want to get the airbag cover on the passenger side, but i think im going to have to skip it.

____
im surprised, normally people with a certain color car go with that color motif. (ie. blue car, blue painted parts. red car, usually red and white paint. and so on..)
that's cool, paint away! it's your car, and no one can take that away from you. unless you park outside at night with your doors unlocked in downtown cleveland. keep up the good work, man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.