FEOA Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
You can put it anywhere in the intake pipe or stuck into the rubber part of the air filter. If you have to, you can just let it dangle somewhere very close to where the filter is, but that's not recommended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
91sleeper said:
The best one is from zxtuner. It's the only one with a threaded hole for the air temp sensor.
do they sell those at autozone? or would i get the same results from drilling holes in the box under the filter and dropping in a K&N? i know 85-92 jetta/golf people do this....i dunno what would be better :|

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
JohnnyBee said:
I let dangle my temp sensor all the summer and there no probs with it... I let it in the OEM intake under-box, so my 12V wire is there and the temp senor and its not moving!
lol - thats what I did, how much can the air temp change from the end of my filter to just inside it?? I know the engine compartment gets warm but the intake it drawing air from inside the compartment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been dangling for a year and a half...no ill effects.

Just hang it over the edge of the bottom half of the airbox, get out your duct tape (this is the part I feel bad saying) and tape the harness of the temp sensor to the side of the box so that it doesn't bounce around and stuff. Make sure when doing this that you position the sensor in a way that the filter will cover it when installed. That way it protects the sensor from teh elements when the hood is up and it also protects you from embarrassing questions like "is that duct tape?" when your hood is up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts