FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got a compressor for xmas and I was wondering what all else I needed to set it up for painting right? I know hose and gun and I think a regulator. Anything else I just wanna know how to do it right thanx guys. Also does anyone know how to hook up like another tank and run 2 tanks?

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
At the very least you'll need a water separator as well. Throw us the specs on the compressor. Also, what are the air consumption specs on the gun, that's just as important.

Matt 8)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok the compressor is a Iron Force from campbell hausfeld. Its 5.5 peak hp, 1.7 running hp, 26 gallons, 6.5/5.5 scfm @ 40/90psi. As for the gun it came wit the compressor its air req. are 2.0 average and 4.0 continuous(scfM @ 40psi). Will this work? thanx guys KEn

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
sounds like it should work to me.... and yes, you need a water separator. And dont forget about your well being, as well as the paint's.... some paints are extremely toxic and it only takes one or two inhales to really mess you up. If at all possible, a positive pressure ventalation system, but thats probably out of your price range, which will limit your paint choices a bit. I forget what paints are extremly toxic... sorry. Matt will probably know. At the very least you need a good respirator, preferrably a full body suit.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
^^^ Yes, that one will work fine. You should have no problem running that gun with that compressor. As for what paints are more toxic, they're pretty much all toxic I believe. Make sure you have a good respirator. You won't even smell the paint with it. When I did mine, I had the compressor running outside, closed the big garage door, and left the side man door open. In a sense, that will create a positive ventalation system, but in a home garage it really doesn't matter. Just make sure you have a good respirator (this is one thing not to cheap out on), a good pair of safety glasses to keep overspray out of your eyes, and wear long sleves and pants.

Matt 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.