FEOA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 96 LX this May and it has been running great untill recently... In the morning, when its cold, I twist the key over to start, and it takes longer to start than it used to... Not obnoxiously long, but long enough you can notice a difference. Over the summer it would start as quick as you could snap your fingers, but now it takes a second or two. Is this just because its getting colder here? (about 40* F in the morning) Secondly, after it starts, the idle fluctuates slowly between 1200 and 500 for about 3-5 seconds before it falls in at around 1200. It didn't do that this summer either. Third, I live in the city, and I back out of my drive, and launch it, shift to second, and then when I stop at the end of the block, sometimes the idle will drop untill it just about stalls, and then comes back up to 1200 or so. Is all of this normal, or do I have a problem? It doesn't do it everyday, just some days, which leads me to belive it's ambient temperature related. IT runs fine the rest of the day, Idles good, runs good, warms up fast, no problems other than a little hesitation when it wakes up...Kinda like its owner :D Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
if it's colder out, your idle is supposed to be high until the engine temp gets to a certain point, so you're probalby just experiencing normal stuff for the first time.

on my GT and GTX, they both start up cold to about 2000 rpm, then gradually slow down to normal idle.

--sarge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts