FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, if it is the GT K+N makes a FIPK($150), a 90-93 Accord intake fits with some mods, you can buy an air meter adaptor plate and then you can put your choice of air filter on(which is the cheapist)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I've got an FIPK kit for my GT...

in all honesty, I'd get an RX-7 VAM and then just run to a machine shop and make a 3" adapter plate. Then get the cheapest K&N filter you can find that's 3".

I personally swear by K&N quality, and the FIPK kit for the EGTs is fantastic quality (and comes with a filter cleaner and a million mile warranty), but they're stuff is wicked expensive. Any K&N filter that's 3" will fit a 3" intake plate. I'd imagine that filters for cars like mustangs or corvettes are in higher demand and thus cheaper, so your best route to go is to buy one of their filters and simply make/buy an adapter plate.

Also, note that the FIPK kit for the GTs does NOT include an intake hose. You use your stock hose. The only stuff that comes with it are the mounting brackets, the adapter plate from the STOCK VAM to the filter element (which must be machined to properly fit the RX-7 VAM), the filter element of course, and the cleaner kit. If you want new intake tubing (you're probably looking for something in stainless), you have to custom fab your own stuff or look elsewhere.

I've found that the best place to get cool air is from the bottom of the front left "well". You have to move the radiator overflow tank to the inner side of the divider to make room. Also, you have to take off the front bumper and drill find a way to make an opening to feed that area.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
fixitmattman said:
If you've got an LX and are not in the mood to seriously modify anything, you can put a K&N in the stock airbox.

Matt 8)
And if you take a hacksaw to the lower portion of the LX stock airbox that overhangs the cavity in the front fender, you'll be pulling all the cold air your engine will need... and you'll make it nice and loud at WOT.. and by loud I mean that you'll startle people on the street and everybody who rides with you will ask about what kind of exhaust you're running. :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Your air filter is in a box. There's a top and a bottom that break in half so you can fit the air filter in. Take out the bottom half. Cut the bottom portion off of it so it's essentially just a brace to hold the air filter into the top half.

Take your air filter out and you'll see exactly what we're talking about. :)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
ok - i was bored.

here's the top half of an air box. i just glued my air filter into it.

The piece that attached to the bottom of this is the one you need to take out and cut. (I threw mine away weeks ago :( sorry)

·
Registered
162 Posts
what intakes are for the spi ............ i got a 93 lx hatch with a Spi in it any suggestions besides the cta intake? and is the cta the best for the spi?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
i saw that andy's auto sport had a iceman intake listed for the spi scort in their new ad. dont know how much it is, but i know that you can use an iceman intake for a zx2, u just gotta cut off the 90 degree bend where it goes into the TB. the ZETEC motor is a little different, but it can be adapted to work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts