FEOA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
Some hardware stores will have an assortment of springs. A decent selection should provide you with something useable. The major forces pushing the clutch pedal back is of course the fingers on the pressure plate pushing against the throwout bearing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some hardware stores will have an assortment of springs. A decent selection should provide you with something useable. The major forces pushing the clutch pedal back is of course the fingers on the pressure plate pushing against the throwout bearing.
The problem is the return spring in a 2001 zx2 is not a normal spring.
Font Automotive tire Auto part Screenshot Automotive exterior

This is what my spring looks like. I can't find it, and the dealer doesn't carry it anymore.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Go on Ebay. Find a seller who is parting out a ZX2 and ask them if the spring is available. I am guessing that someone is going to have that spring that you need.

·
Registered
1998 ZX2
10,070 Posts
The problem is the return spring in a 2001 zx2 is not a normal spring. View attachment 54723

This is what my spring looks like. I can't find it, and the dealer doesn't carry it anymore.
Why don't you just order it from the AliExpress listing you showed?

·
Registered
1988 EXP 2.0l H.O on bike carbs.
407 Posts
That spring looks rather simple, I bet you could make one with some basic tools. How did the old one brake? If it snapped is welding and re heat treating it an option?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts