FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 lx with 150,000 on her! I got in it today and noticed a slight clicking noise when i depressed the cluch pedal! When i got out i noticed a blue round shaped thing on the floor of the car???? Any clues as to what this could be????

I thank you all so much for any help you can give me!!!

· Super Moderator
10,547 Posts
The clicking noise when you depress the clutch pedal could be just be some wear on the throwout bearing, or any irregularity on the normally smooth surface the throwout bearing pushes against. I dont think there is much to do about it, except to listen to see if it gets worse, or begins to interfere with 'releasing' of the clutch. There isnt much you can do about clutch problems without separating the transmission from the engine anyway.

The round blue object on the floor of the car will need more description. How big was it - in width, thickness, was there a hole in the middle of it, etc. If you could take a picture and upload it to some photo hosting site, then put the link to it in your next posting - then we might be able to guess better.

· Registered
7,796 Posts
The computer monitors the position of the clutch pedal using two switches, one at the top and one at the bottom of pedal travel. If that pad that cKlaubur mentioned comes off, the end of that push-button switch snaps in and out of the hole for where that pad used to insert into. That's the click sound. Put something over that hole until you can get it permanently fixed. Otherwise you may risk damage to the switch with enough use. After going through tape, rubber and various other materials, I eventually ended up JB Welding a polished metal plate over that hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.