FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what would be good and what you guys would recomend for a clutch for my 1.8 EGT. Thanks

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
depends on what your going to do... turbo, built BP i love my ACT clutch i can really make the tires scream into second (keeping in mind im still stock, turbos commin in a couple months).

i was told the centerforce clutch is a good clutch but it makes alot of noise because its got a special design... i cannot remember off the top of my head.

but basically if your stock and dont really have any plans to turbo soon i would just leave it stock. with my act clutch i cannot even tell im pressing in the clutch on other cars because my pedal is so much stiffer than stock... which for me isnt a problem but im sure it gets to some people in traffic and what not.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I've got a centerforce in my GT, I've had no problems with it. No mods to the engine. In my wagon, with the BPT, I've got a SPEC Stage 3 6-puck, and I really like it a lot. I'll probably try a different brand on the next one, just so I can compare.

--sarge

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Centerforce as well and I've not noticed any noise. Its a really good clutch for drag. Sticks like glue.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
also keeping in mind if you are just dreamin about power... that i really stiff clutch will more than likely hurt the resale of your car. a dad is going to get in to drive it (lookin for a car for his wife or kid) and is going to press the clutch in... a clutch in a stock car is one thing you will not be able to ask for money for, its more of an chore for a buyer than a step up. so keep that in mind

1 - 5 of 5 Posts