FEOA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried bleeding it earlier- valve closed, clutch pedal up, valve open, clutch pedal floored, close valve, clutch pedal up, etc, etc; and something went wrong somewhere, because I have no clutch at all now. Nothing. I need to know soon what's up, and in some sort of detail, because I'm lost, I've tried every possible thing I can think of. Thanks

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the clutch feel was just fine before I tried to bleed it, but afterwards, nothing seemed to work right. So I'm kind of thinking that there's nothing wrong with the cylinders, but that's just what I'm hoping. There was black fluid coming out at the beginning of my flushing process, but I got it to be clear by the end of it. But still no pressure, what so ever.

· Registered
897 Posts
If you get air in the line running from the res to the master it's a real pain to get out. If that is your problem, you're going to have to have someone wiggle/jiggle the line while you pump it a few times and then wait a a few seconds with the pedal down. Repeat this process till the air is gone. I replace the hose with a clear braided hose that's safe for use with dot3 so I could see whats going on in the future.

· Registered
9 Posts
You shouldn't let your reservoir go below 3/4 full or you will get air in the lines! The clutch master will store air in the chamber. The best way to get the air out is to reverse bleed the system. Make sure the cap is on and pull the supply hose off the brake reservoir , rap a rag around it and hold it straight up. Reverse bleed the system slowly and watch for air bubbles. Then push in about 1/4 of clutch pedal and let off slowly and keep doing it tell no more bubbles. You should see the brake fluid drop in your line. Then you should back bleed tell line is full. open your cap slowly so brake fluid is coming out of the reservoir and put the line back on with no air getting in!

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got everything fixed, I bled the lines the normal way with a clear tube, a person in the driver seat, and a bottle, and I got that hose for the power steering on. Everything works fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.