FEOA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I own a '91 LX, pretty much stock, no major upgrades, and went to start her up yesterday and all I get is a clicking noise coming from the passenger side fender (i think) where it looks as if two relays are located. I'm assuming these are starter relays? O.k., so I take a jumper wire and run it from the positive terminal of the battery to the solenoid, and it cranks the motor right up with the ignition on. :? I then turn the car off, and take a screwdriver and put it between the two bolts coming out of the starter and it cranks the starter no problem. :? So then I get back in the car and try again to start the 'scort normaly and get the same clicking noise coming from (i think) the relay. :x Does this pretty much mean that the relay has gone bad or could it still be something else? Could the starter or solenoid still be bad even though they will both work when jumped or arced? Is there a way of temporarily bypassing a relay? I really need this car to get me back and forth to work! :cry:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Starter solenoid. Make sure that the positive wire (little red wire) is connected to the solenoid. Otherwise it could be the neutral safety switch (auto) or the clutch switch (manual).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.