FEOA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i make myself clear lights...just the third brakelight...if you know that i can or cant that would help

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i make them clear? thats what i want to know...im trying to make my friends third brake light clear

·
Registered
274 Posts
I´ve seen a guy take plastic mx-3 headligths and have glass ones made so I don´t know what the difference would be between that and a brake light... actually a brake light would probably be alot easier.

·
Registered
802 Posts
A fellow on ERDT posted something like this, except it wasnt for the third brake light, it was for the 1st and 2nd (;-)) but he took that clear crap you see ceiling tiles with lights in them, it can be found at your hardware store, but he ovened the light, or broke the light, i cant remember, then painted the back of the light casing white (to reflect) then heated up the plastic to mold around the light. then he got a red light to go in the brake light so the beam would be red, CUZ IT HAS TO BE RED!!!!!

maybe if someone would FIX ERDT!! this would be easier :D

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah I remember this mod... I didn´t think it looked that great. I´d personally rather just get a set of skyline tails and start modding the back of the car, but that´s me.

The newer VW passat tails are tight lookin too.

Or... what would be insanely trick is if you take a piece of lexan, shape it somehow, then paint it the same color as the car... so it looks like the car just continues with no tail lights, but then when you light it up from underneath you see the lights... I did something like this with a computer case, it involved tinting the window, so from the outside it looked like an opaque glossy black, but when you turned on the light inside the case you would see all the components. That was really really good looking, and clean too.

MODERATE THIS!!!

[ This message was edited by: siragan on 09-04-2003 12:12 ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts