FEOA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got brand new clear corners for xmas.. wow they look awesome.. but they look too good compared to the crappy old headlights.. anyone know a way to ... i dunno polish them up.. and maybe sand off those little bumps?!

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
This has been asked before so I´m going to borrow stripedmx5s previous answer. He said find some Meguiers 2 part plastic polish (meant for convertible rear windows) but he says it´ll work on any plastic piece. If that doesn´t work right away you could wetsand the lense with 600 (or smoother) wet/dry sander and then polish with the Plastic polish. That should work. I need to try it on my old lenses.

·
Registered
618 Posts
If anybody finds a nice set of headlights that can easily (with minimal work, yes, I´m lazy) be fitted onto my scort, please let me know.

A friend of mine has a ´95 Mitsu Diamonte, and his headlights would probably look pretty good on a scort. If somebody wants to look into that, that would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have an extra set of headlights. They aren´t in any perfectly clear condition but ScortGT cleaned them up for me and they look almost 100 better. If your interested send me some email.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I´ll second what Nukewater said. I put the clear corners on my 94 LX yesterday, and they do look awesome, so good that now the headlights look dingy by comparison.
Now I knew the headlights on my 91 looked dingy and kinda yellowed, but the ones on my 94 looked fine until the clear corners went on. Here´s what I think I´ll do. Get new headlights, put them on my 94, and then put the lights off the 94 onto the 91. Then both cars will look way better. Kinda two for the price of one too!

·
Banhammer available, no waiting!
803 Posts
I took my 1st Gen headlights off today and started refinishing them. I ground off the alignment nubs on the lenses and then started wet sanding from medium grit all the way to very fine grit. Then I finished it off with some plastic cleaner and scratch remover. Those lights look brand new!! :-o They looked so much better, I went ahead and did the clear corners too. They look better than they did before. ;-) It was alot of elbow grease and getting wet with the cold wind blowing on ya...but it sure was worth it. Also on another note of exterior fixing, I finished up my custom front grill. I will have pics. very soon. ;-)

·
Registered
389 Posts
fasscort, do you want to replace the whole headlight with something different, or just the bulbs?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a set of headlights from my 91 GT that were almost completely yellow and faded to the point that they barely let any light through. I bought a new set. Then out of curiosity I wetsanded and buffed them they are now clear again with a just some minor discoloration. It is amazing the difference!! :-o

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a set of headlights from my 91 GT that were almost completely yellow and faded to the point that they barely let any light through. I bought a new set. Then out of curiosity I wetsanded and buffed them they are now clear again with a just some minor discoloration. It is amazing the difference!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts