185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever cleaned, or know how to clean the yellowish
stuff off the inside of the foglight? also are they easy to come off
and to put back on? thanks for any input. :cool:

·
BYO Plastic cutlery
9,867 Posts
There are alot of posts here about the headlights. It´s the same thing. I found, however, that the reflector finish inside was all flaked and stuff, so I got a pair of projector lights. Now they are all worn out too. :-Y

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its inside the light. There is a yellow greenish like stuff
(mildew) at the bottom. Id like to take them about and
clean them, but Im afraid ill break something. :-?

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
i´m lookin at the spare lamps I got here...it appears you´d have to heat the lense up and carefully pry it out to be able to clean inside of it. :-| I dunno. I got 2 spare ones I painted over, just a little paint thinner and they should be good as new.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im goin to try and clean them this weekend. Ill see what happens.

James would you want to sell yours if I needed one? ;-)

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
If you want em I´ll give em to you, just pay the shipping for them. You´ll have to de paint them...i got lazy and painted over them on my new bumper.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I couldn´t even get the foglight units out of the bumper last time I tried. The haynes manual told me to take out some screws which I did and they were still pretty stuck and I didn´t want to break anything.

And my foglights are pretty much completely yellowed and useless. I can´t tell the difference when they´re on and not.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I had one that was like that...I went to Auto Zone and bought a new set for 20 bucks...I think they were called "Blazer" it was way worth the cost for the swap out...they are a direct replacement for the factory ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts