FEOA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
looks great, nuke! didja use mothers polish?

your car looks nice too... if a shot of mine were taken at the same angle, it would be all rippled lookin along the side... :-[

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Hey Nuke,

What polish did you use? The salt really beat up my lights this winter. You know how they do things in southern ontario when it snows. 2in of salt for every 1/2 in of snow! :-o

Matt :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
how did you do that i tryed the sanding and buffing method someone told me on the erdt board and they cleeaned up good but now there all scratchy and foggy instead of yellow oh please do tell how you got them so clean.

Marc

·
Registered
76 Posts
What´s going on Nuke....exactly what did you use to clean your headlights. I bought my clear lenses about 2months ago but until my headlights look cleaner then i´m not gonna put them on.

Besides i´m tired of having my black headlight covers on, it makes it to difficult to drive at night. :-D

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, here´s wat i did

I started off gettin all this
220 grit Wet/dry Carbide

Then basically worked my way up, i was kinda dissapointed the whole way up cuz it kept gettin foggy right away, i think it was due to the residue from previous grits in the water, so anyways, i busted out the big lathe with the buffing disc on it, and put some plastic polish on er and started twirlin the fuzzy white disc on the lenses, and wow, did they ever come out nice, some ppl said something about clear coating them, i was like *bah* but im sure i´ll hear about it in 2 weeks when the go bad ;-), but now its time to go get some Xenon Blue Lights :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I asked the guys at the ford body shop about the lights turning yellow and how to clean them and they told me Rubbing Compound will fix it. Not really thinking it would work a went to PepBoys and spent the 10 bucks on it and to my surprise it came out great. i took some before and after shots but i dont know how to post them but trust me my before lights were horrible and my after looks like nukewater.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%>[TR][TD]Quote:

[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]
08-04-2003 at 09:54, Beaverboy wrote:
Noooo.. stay away from blue lights! Glare is bad.
[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

I´ve got a set of those blue xenon lights for the lowbeams in my BMW headlights and they r0xx0r... I don´t know what people whine about with the glare. I understand what they´re talking about, but in real life, it doesn´t happen.

However, my high beams are incandescents and they glare like mad off of road signs, but that´s about it.

I say go for the blue ones, but be careful that you dont fry the light switch by running excessive current through it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Siragan: geez i read earlier in a message that you were saying you were poor and a student..and you have 3 cars( BMW, EGT and ELXW?)!!!! damn....i wish all the poors were like you hehehehe :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
i tried that too but i think the yellowing is on the inside. correct me if i´m wrong but i could not get the outside looking as clear as my clear turn signals. i just figured it is in the inside that isn´t making it clear but i don´t know how to clean it up. maybe its on the outside but i just can´t get it clean enough to look good. could it be the inside or do i need to just work more at cleaning the outside

·
Registered
114 Posts
?

ok does rubbing compound really work? i have heard that sandpaper works too, but i'm not sure. there was a how to page up somewhere but i can't find it anymore. if someone knows anthing please let me know. the ladies don't find my yellow lights sexy :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts