FEOA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start car, warm up, run though gears, check fluid level.

I've looked a dozens of posts here that say that same thing, however, does the car need to be in gear when checking (auto trans)?

You see, I have this issue with no forward gear when the engine is cold, once it warms up (5 mins. or so), shifts and drives perfectly all day.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
6,057 Posts
it doesn't need to be in gear but it does need to be warm when u check the fluid. when it's cold and u don't have a forward gear, try starting out in L(1st gear) and manually shift into D. sounds like ur 1st gear solenoid might be on it's last leg.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found that solenoid at an online store and see it has an o-ring on it. Could this also be the culprit of my trans leak?

At any rate, I did manage to get a full fluid reading before my original post. Yesterday morning, no issue at all, start up and go. Today then, a very slight hesitation, but then fine. Tomorrow I imagine more hesitation until we're back to waiting 5 minutes to drive.
As it leaks fluid it gets worse? It's not like there are huge puddles overnight, more like an ounce or two.

Any other relevant info? Easy to replace?
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.