FEOA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok peeps here it the answer to all you questions about if the coilovers on ebay that are 35.00 are crap or are they worth the money, Well i am here to tell ya yes they are but you need to buy , the S/R struts and put on all four corners or your car and get the front and back strut bars also. So yes the ride is very nice and the car is level. You have to mod the front coils a bit but that is not bad. So have fun.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just to get the coilover to fit the front strut, my guy had to do a lil work but peeps have been doing it to there cars, he said somthing like you had to drill the top to fit over the strut, but it should not be to bad.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
yes i bought the cheap pne4s also, they were acually for a 94 sentra, the holes on both end needed to be opened up a little .

we installed a set on a wagon 6 months ago, and not one problem yet, exept he wanted stiffer reare springs. and well if you want knoew springs the eibachs for ground controls are like the same!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I want a set of Ground Control coil-overs. I already have the S/R struts. I thought I had someone working on a price for me, but so far I have heard nothing. I swear I would have to hold a gun to his head to buy something from him.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
The only reason you needed to drill out the top front mount was because of the S/R struts. They have a 2mm larger shaft. So if anyone uses a regular 2nd gen strut it should fit without modding.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
the ones we are using are with a set of kyb gr2, and the car is still working fine, and dimwatt even removed the hat so they would sit even lower, its ont he car that si gettign crankors gtr, since crankor no longer has the red wagon!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they will not.

So are you saying that my struts that are brand new are gonig to blow in two weeks, naw i think not, I have never replaced my struts on my LX and it has held up for 13 years with the stock shiton them, with the Eibach coilovers, and it rides damn good , they willnot blow trust me my S/R's willnot blow in two weeks.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
my 2 cents

i run ground control coils and tokico hp's (blues) i dont fook around, and damn there amazing, the blues are quite cushy more so then the s/r's so comfy ride but wicked cornering

and i wouldnt buy the ebay coils simply because of the materials used, ive punished my gc's and theyve taken everything and more there great, nothing beats the anodized sleeve very very strong especially when im running on the strut pearch weld, cuz i cut the strut perches off completely

1 - 15 of 15 Posts