FEOA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little while back my check coolant light came on, so I decided to flush the system. Took out the overflow reservoir and cleaned it completely out at the same time, and also replaced the radiator cap while I was at it.

The light just came back on though. I checked the overflow and it's not low, so I'm wondering my light came back on? Do I have a leak in the system (not sure how if the overflow is full) or a problem with the sensor?

· Registered
2,538 Posts
I think the sensor contacts corrode over time and need to be cleaned.

My 91's light will come on quite frequently, I think it's something wrong with the sensor itself, than the contacts that are in the coolant, since they are free of any corrosion.

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh they were quite corroded. I cleaned them off till they were shiny again, along with some ugly rust-colored build up in the reservoir.

I put a few ounces more in the reservoir and the light's gone back off, so maybe it was just a little lower than it looked.

· Registered
2,327 Posts
usually when that happens i just top up the overflow. cuz that where the sensor is wont hurt anything unless your car is really running like a bag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.