FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its here. We finally got snow. Two feet in two days to be exact, and it shows no sign of letting up. I got stuck in my driveway 4 times :( I dont know if anyone has ever tried this, and I dont know if it will work, so please dont flame me :D . Anyways, I was picking up an oil filter a few days ago, and noticed little mettal blocks with a spiral cast into them. They are made to be wedged in coil springs to make it stiffer and reduce the compression of the spring. It also help to raise ground clearance.... Has anyone ever tried anything like this on the scort? They are only 7 bucks for a set, I was thinking of giving it a try just for the hell of it. :D

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
naw he was going to get a filter and saw these products.. yea ive seen em.. i say go for it if its temporary.. im not sure man. im sure they are not very unsafe, and everything will work ok.
-Justin

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Those should help, but may put extra strain on your stock springs. Your alignment will be off any time you alter the ride height, so keep that in mind, and don't use those things if you're going to take any long drives.

Just an extra winter tip:

Disconnect your front swaybar. You will get more even traction across the front wheels if you simply unbolt the endlinks and let the bar just hang out. This is important if you live on a rough road in the winter. You'll get more body roll, but more neutral handling and more traction :D I've had mine disconnected for several months now.

I'm too lazy to buy new endlinks, and I like how it handles too much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts