FEOA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! Am I stupid, or is the 1.8 head not that hard to change? I certainly may have looked at the Chilton's wrong, but it looks like the plugs, and about 8-12 screws and it would be off. It looks like I am getting a little blow by of the gasket, so is this pretty much all there is to it? I mean as well as scraping off the old gasket, cleaning it up, and installing a new one.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is why I asked for a little help guys. I am thinking the wrong thing then.

On the very top of the engine where it has stamped "DOHC" is what I am looking at. It seems the seal around that is leaking just a little. I thought that was the head cover. Can I just remove that and replace the gasket between there without removing all the rest that was brought up?

This is why I prefaced with the fact that I may be stupid about this. It looked like that cover would be pretty easy.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's where I was wrong. Damn terminology. I'll just have to keep learning. Like I said, my knowledge is small, but I like to try anyway. The Valve Cover should be a lot easier I guess. Thanks guys.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the Haynes manual, but sometimes it is just a little too general. As for the Index, go to the message on "Mechanical Assistance?" It's pretty good at describing the Haynes manuals.

That has been the way that I have gotten the nerve to tackle such tasks. I like to tinker and Haynes has provided me the ability, just still learning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.